PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2014, 00:01
HZ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I to worked at STN 72-75 and the fireman trainees from around the globe were housed in nissan huts, it adjoined a catering building company name escapes me ? Across the road from it toward the new terminal was a caravan site. As a Constabulary policeman we often used to set up a road block there for vehicle checks as a good number of the caravan residents did not bother with insurance, tax and MOTs'.

At this time I also recall a CL44 that sat on its belly a short distance from the ATEL hangar aside of a Mexicana Comet. The former was weighted down with concrete blocks. To my great surprise one day a rig appeared (like something from a Blue Peter project), the CL 44 was hangared refurbished over 6 months and took to the air.

Also at this time the Carvairs used to come from SEN for servicing. A lady from ATEL who may well have been called Veronica Pope gave me a number of pictures taken at STN of Freddy Lakers twin prop commuter aircraft which did its pre sales/publicity tour from STN. Anyone remind me what it was called ?