PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2014, 22:15
Feathered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clear Prop
Quote:
That hasn't stopped Fox and other mainstream media from stating it as a fact for 2 days.
Nothing ever does.
Try watching CNN, featuring our old friend Scary Mary Schiavo and endless nonsensical speculation. I think they may change their name to the missing airliner channel.

Their latest tidbit is that the turn meant there was a waypoint entered into the FMS because some pilot (Robert Goyer) says so. "The almost certain explanation would be that these waypoints were programmed into the flight management system of the 777-200, a task that would have been beyond the abilities of anyone but a professional pilot."

I guess Mr. Goyer has no respect for the folks who actually build and program the FMS. Does he think the engineers are not smart enough to program a waypoint into an FMS, even if they are not pilots? Or anyone else who works with, simulates, or repairs avionics....

This is what is passing for "news." This is CNN. I don't mean to rag on just CNN, because nearly all of the major outlets worldwide are doing similar.

Why is aviation reporting so challenging for the media?