PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 19th Mar 2014, 21:43
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CAP 793 is a guide to the CAA interpretation of 'sound practice' and not mandatory.
Not having a pop but I think we are missing the woods for the trees here.

Here is a £11m machine, with 2 paid crew and an owner with the resources of what is being reported as being close on half a yard (or in common parlance £500M).

I'd like to think that should I decide that my personal transportation requirements dictate that I need to employ my capital to such a level that the very least I could do is follow that sound practice... perhaps I might even be guided by one of these professionals that I trust with my £11m machine and ultimately my life.

Maybe I'd even buy a windsock?? Cut down some trees? Its absolutely dismal to be talking about what is and isn't the absolute law, what "rules" people are following... when the machine is in a thousand pieces and 4 people are dead and the initial look inside this particular box doesn't look great.

You can have a moan up and bleat about waiting for reports but I think its just ultimately delaying the inevitable.