PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR 2016?
Thread: SDSR 2016?
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2014, 20:52
Stendec5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given the ongoing assault upon the British armed forces at the hands of a bunch of political scum (lib-lab-con) got me thinking about a book that was loaned to me a couple of years ago. The book was certainly food for thought two-ish years ago and has had me pondering since.
The book was called "How To Stage A Military Coup" and was written by David Hebditch and Ken Conner (the second gentleman was I believe one of the longest serving members of the SAS).
The book was a fascinating and, in many places rather droll look at a subject that has affected many countries (almost including France at one point) the knock-on effect of which has rebounded around the world.
But the really intriguing part comes at the beginning of each chapter and lasts maybe 2/3 pages in each case. This is a look at a fictitious coup carried out right here in the UK in the more or less, here and now.
It made me think that if the forces, and thus ultimately the nation, face oblivion, then all the old rules become null and void. Even the question of legality becomes ambiguous under such extreme provocation. The armed forces swearing allegiance to Her Majesty not a bunch of political rent-boys infecting Whitehall and Westminster (what power still remaining there having not yet been surrendered to the so-called EU).
Since Her Majesty (in the book scenario) continues in her position. The oath of allegiance is unbroken (OK, the lawyers would have a field day on this one) But who questions the victor?
The book is available on Amazon.