PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Airlink job problem
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2003, 16:15
Johhny Utah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

OzExpat, as bitter balance has pointed out, there's no real reason for me to have to worry about winning friends & influencing people in the PNG aviation scene. In fact, I've already been there & managed to achieve that very successfully. I've also managed to use these skills to gain myself employment with (at various times) the RAAF, a regional turbine operator, RPT charter operators, and most recently an international airline, so I don't think that I'll heed your advice & place (another) reading of Dale Carnegies book at the top of my 'to do' list.

However, I'd suggest that if you were to take another read of this work, you would most probably find that "pi55ing in people's pockets" was not one of the suggested methods. Nor was "burying your head in the sand & ignoring all that goes on around you".

People asked why the situation at Airlink was so ridiculous in terms of the continual advertising of positions. Myself & others have tried to let those that are down south, or have never been to PNG, in on the vagaries of the way things are done in country. UFLA described the situation as it was in 1982, but even you would have to admit that the situation as descibed was far removed from what it is at present.

Since you feel that I have perhaps overstepped my mark in my comments, perhaps you could name some of the operators that you feel exhibit
... the professionalism & standards of an organisation like Talair
. Until you can do so, I have no qualms in standing by the comments of my previous post.

I'm just trying to let a few of the guys who may be contemplating going up there know what they can really expect, in the current climate, as opposed to what may or may not have been the case in the 'good old days."

The floor is yours...