PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2014, 14:36
12-30 Wind Sock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My name is Sockrates , not socky , Please dont call me that or i will tell my DAD " FACT " .

I am unsure why wizzair left PIK , I dont know if they just decided they were better off at GLA, Which in my opinion might come back to haunt them. I do agree that the ryanair deal at PIK is madness and whoever signed that deal at the start should be sacked due to the fact that ryanair hardly paying a penny for the use of PIK. Although its hard to know if ryanair had left PIK years ago would the airport still be open or would it have brought in more airlines. Nobody knows.. not even marty mcfly.

If you think the tax payer is subsidising ryanair then complain to the SG. The SG may have to subsidise for a while yet until the masterplan for the future is publishes and the forward for Pik to make a profit and return to taxpayers, Which may take 5 , 10 , 15 or 20 years.

I agree with the terminal , I think to attract new business either a new terminal needs to be invested in solely for new airlines. It really all depends on the report the SG receives from Mr Pye . My opinion is that PIK can be turned around and will make profit in future thanks to SG or it would have closed like Kent which proabably proves infratil nearly shut down 2 airports with theyre mismanagement.

Last edited by 12-30 Wind Sock; 19th Mar 2014 at 14:50.