PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2014, 10:05
VR-HFX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Ken Burrow...deeper

Just for the record, Senator Sean Edwards is NOT 'unrepresentative swill' as claimed for he was actually elected to the Senate by South Australian voters in General Election of 2010. Certain here may not have liked or appreciated it, but he did a wonderful job skewering a vocal but uninformed union official last night in Canberra. Said union official was sadly found to be wanting.

On the other hand, Nathan Safe and his colleague shone a bright light on matters outside Qantas' control that have adversely affected it in recent years. I hope the Senators listened carefully to what they said as there were really on the money, unlike a certain other witness who appeared just before them.
Ken

I am not sure where you are coming from. If it is medically induced, I commisurate.

It is not Steve Purvinas that is ill-informed, sadly it is you that is ill-informed.

As I have stated, Steve and I probably have differing views on a number of things but there is no doubting his sincerity and attention to detail. He may be a so-called "disgruntled former QF employee" but that does not, in any way, mean that he does not care about the organisation and its future, especially when half his members work for QF.

As to "unrepresentative swill", it is a fair comment given the line of questioning taken by Sean Edwards, someone who was too lazy to have read the submission in full and asked questions that had already been asked and answered.

None of Steve's presented facts are about race, colour or creed. They are simply facts. Indeed there are LAMES in Australia who are Asian. What the hell has the race card got to do with anything.

The crux of the argument is how many holes are being put into the cheese and when they will all line up and result in a smoking hole and 300 body bags.

The dumbing down of this industry can only go on so long before the actuaries say "enough is enough". We haven't reached that stage yet but we are getting close.

As to the external factors affecting the Qantas performance, they pale into insignificance when compared to the internal gross negligence and ineptitude of management.

Most of the big Asian carriers, including my own, have more flights in and out of Australia, servicing more cities, than does QF. How can that happen? We don't fly empty a/c for the fun of it. We service the market, often at higher fares than offered by QF.

The only QF staff that follow AJ and his cohorts do so out of curiosity.