PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have Malgus Refunded?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2001, 21:29
InFinRetirement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JB, if you go back to June of last year when Danny asked me to set up a fund we obviously discussed it's purpose - if you can re-call. I made it clear then that the fund would be used to give wannabes a leg up. That could include the cost of a modular, books, IR - any number of things towards a licence - where they are a bit short of cash to carry on maybe. Also, that the money would only go to those who showed that they were entirely dedicated. It would be loaned on an interest free basis and returned when they had a job so that we could re-use it again.

The fund has been used once. To subsidise the seminars in June, but this time the wannabes have paid for the whole cost of the lecture rooms. They, in fact, made it clear that's what they wanted to do - good on them.

Nothing has changed otherwise. Except that there have been feelings and feelers put forth in regard to sponsorship on the lines of the Malgus scheme which I now believe has no-where to run. What has been expounded is that perhaps there might be say a 1000 PPRuNers put in something like £20 each. I have serious doubts about that since I have only THREE regular monthly payments made to the PPRune Fund, and about 50 donations. All in the past 18 months. Via the PPRuNe badge donation of £1 per badge from Danny to the fund this has realised around £160. I have had several small donations and one large one of £500. The June Gatbash added over £1000 to the fund, I have sold about £600 of TSR2 prints but have heaps more to sell but ALL monies, from wherever they come are gratefully received. I make a point of personally saying so.

However, I am keen to see something happening and I am working with PPRuNe colleagues to get their thoughts and ideas. What I am not going to do, is waste the effort I have put in. Indeed, I fully intend to maximise what money we have got, and will receive. It's just not enough at the moment that's the basic problem.

As I often say to the wannabes. Don't give up! That applies to me too.