PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL study books, post EASA changes, reviews, opinions etc..
Old 19th Mar 2014, 09:06
itchybumba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Mach Jump for your reply.

So, taking blame out of the equation for the minute and also the EASA PPL app which i see more as a reinforcing knowledge / identifying weak points tool rather than a learning tool, the material that i have to learn for all the exams has not really changed its just that the material in each exam no longer aligns with the old syllabus structure?

So, for example, the Operational Procedures questions in the app have a lot about evacuation procedures in the event of an emergency and questions like what order to do things in the event of smoke coming from the engine when on the ground. The Operational Procedures section in the Oxford CD-ROM is limited to operation of an aircraft, distress and urgency, aircraft accident investigation and noise abatement procedures and does not cover any evacuation procedures etc.. So, if it is just structure that has changed, everything i need to know to pass the Operational Procedures exam will be covered in the other CD-ROMs?

Back to apportioning blame - whist i understand that it is not the CAA / EASAs responsibility to provide learning material i wonder if there was any consultation with any providers in an attempt to ensure there was training material out in time for the changes. It seems to puts people who take the exams after the changes come into effect and before there is re-aligned training material at a disadvantage! Anyway we are where we are and i will have to overcome it if i want to get that license!!