PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have Malgus Refunded?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2001, 13:45
JB007

PPRuNe Secret Agent!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's important that IFR/Hamrah/WWW and others at PPRuNe HQ (wherever that is!) realise what PPRuNe is to most of it's members and don't assume that all 40,000 of it's members want to seriously get involved like yourselves.

Take the Christmas bash - out of say, 40,000 members for easy maths, only 0.4% attending.

I'm sure to most it's nothing more than a 5 minute read when time allows etc etc..and are certainly not going to give up money, no-matter what the amount is. It's nothing to do with "putting something back" or anyone not wanting to, it's just life. If my other half asked what the £47 debit on the bank statement was and I mentioned "A PPRuNe ATPL Fund" for someone she'd think i've gone mad!

I don't mean this to sound sarcastic but have you thought about starting a little smaller first, say a full or lessons towards a PPL - probably a bit more realistic.

Best of luck with it all anyway guys, it's very impressive that people with very busy working lives like Hamrah and especially WWW's roster can find the time to help someone.