PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2014, 07:59
Mstr Caution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The following is a copy from last Fridays Hansard.

"Senator XENOPHON: I am sorry, we are running out of time. Could you take on notice how much it costs for each of those aircraft to be sitting on the ground pending regulatory approval?

Ms Hrdlicka : I have the answer now. We have made an investment in Jetstar Hong Kong, a fixed investment, with the *FIRST* tranche being $33 million. Jetstar Hong Kong has the full liability for the nine aircraft that have been ordered for Jetstar Hong Kong. The liability is Jetstar Hong Kong's; we are an investor, and we have provided our one-third investment."

(* my emphasis)

I have two issues with JH's response.

JH stated that the FIRST tranche (investment) was $33 million.

Has there been any subsequent investment? When is the next tranche?

The second issue is JH & AJ seem to be distancing themselves from the accountability of establishing the Jetstar Hong Kong business model.

"We are an investor, and we have provided our one third investment" JH

This seems to be a distant approach to that advocated at the launch of Jetstar Hong Kong per the following quotes

"Establishing Jetstar Hong Kong in the heart of Asia and the doorstep of mainland China is a huge opportunity to continue the successful expansion of the Jetstar brand in this region" AJ 26.3.12

"The successful low cost model of Jetstar" AJ 26.3.12

"Jetstar Hong Kong will maximise the synergies by combining the Jetstar Group resources including brand management, commercial management, safety, aircraft Maintanence and IT systems" AJ 26.3.12

"This is a unique opportunity for Jetstar to capitalise on the enormous potential of the greater Chinese market............using a model that we know delivers for our customers and shareholders" Bruce Buchanan 26.3.12

Its a little more than a one third hands off investment. You guys are running the show (or lack thereof) and its your and Boston Consultings xxxx up.

MC