PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL study books, post EASA changes, reviews, opinions etc..
Old 19th Mar 2014, 02:56
Mach Jump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bearing in mind the changes in the exam structure that EASA brought in recently.
Don't blame EASA for this one. The UK CAA, our 'Competent' Authority, have made a complete dog's breakfast of the new exam structure.

I recommend the AFE books. They are both the least expensive, and the easiest to read, but It doesn't matter which series of books/CDs you buy, the titles wont fit the new exams, which now cover items from a selection of the volumes.

On top of that, you now have nine exams that you have to pass in six 'sittings'. A 'sitting' consists of any ten consecutive days.

If you think that's complicated, it gets worse.

Any exam you fail, can't be re-taken in the same 'sitting' that you originally took it. Any re-take starts a new 'sitting'. This means that if you fail an exam in the last of your six sittings, you can't re-take it, even if it's your first attempt at that exam, as there are no 'sittings' left!

The good news, (I can't believe I just said that!) is that the Robert McPhee EASA Exams App. has pretty much all the current exam questions and answers on it, and will almost guarrantee you a 100% first time pass in all the subjects.

Armstrong:
Hold off on buying any books for a while. I think that there will be some changes to the exams and books in the next few months.