PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL study books, post EASA changes, reviews, opinions etc..
Old 19th Mar 2014, 00:08
itchybumba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to bump this thread but does anyone have any opinions on this?

I am due to fly to the US in 4 weeks to do my PPL. I bought the Oxford Aviation Interactive CD-ROM training material and have been going through it quite happily. However, today i bought the EASA PPL Exam app for my phone and have been doing the airlaw and operational procedures questions.

Whilst the grand majority of the air law questions did relate to things that were covered in the airlaw cd-rom, the opposite is true on the operational procedures! It seems that there is a lot of material that is now in the Operational Procedures exam that is not covered in the Oxford Operational Procedures cd rom training material. This has got me pretty worried and i am concerned i have wasted money on the CDs.

The flight school i am going to suggest the Trevor Thom books and have them listed on an Amazon wish list but to be honest looking at the books on this wish list it doesnt look like they cover the new material either!

So can anyone suggest either a full series i can get that will cover everything or, even better, maybe just the books in a series that i would need to fill in the gaps from the Oxford CDs.

Any help / opinions etc.. would be very much appreciated!