PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2014, 21:35
D.S.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ornis

DS, doesn't make a lot of sense to set up a "link" unless you use it. I repeat:

Does Acars send data routinely for Boeing's and Rolls Royce's use, even if the airline is not paying for a maintenance programme?
Yes it does. Seems easier to just set up a predetermined automatic periodic "I'm active - do you have any reports for me?/"can I send you a report?" type connection on absolutely everything coming off the line than to try to establish/disconnect such a connection each time an airline might subscribe/unsubscribe from whatever contract(s) - which also includes each time a plane is taken out of an airlines service, so it is not only an airline subscribes/unsubscribes situation.

We also have a couple mentions that almost every airline subscribes to such/similar reports, so not getting it/something is seemingly the exception, not the rule, making the predetermined connection even more likely, imo

Besides, obviously there was such a connection here (well, based off the information we have been told) so why are we questioning it? But even if you really just insisted on knowing why, would you not be better off taking that up with INMARSAT/MAH/Boeing? I mean, how am I supposed to be able to perfectly explain all the thoughts behind what they have supposedly done?

And I am not sure either way if Boeing/RR definitely receives a copy of all ACARS reports (I would think there are some they do, some they just don't have need to know and therefore don't. Boeing & RR bother say they don't have "data" from this one, so obviously some reports they don't, right?) But regardless, either way I am pretty sure it has no barring on the confirmed attempted connection between INMARSAT & the Plane that we supposedly know about because it was an attempt to connect for a non-subscribed Boeing AHM report.