PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2014, 20:48
helipiloto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Bristow Nigeria IS just be another African helicopter operator...."

Exactly my point. Bristow's got people at the top who can't even write properly.

Let me explain what I meant when I wrote "living conditions below the poverty line." In a company where its top managers make 6 and 7 figure bonuses how do you explain to a plain pilot the following situations: You wake up in the middle of the night with a foot of water in your room because the pipes burst (pipes don't just burst, but if you use the cheapest possible pipes and cheapest possible plummer, they may do). Try sleeping through that one! What are you supposed to do when you find a rat bone in your food? What about when the ceiling in your room collapses on your bed because the guy in the room above you has had a flood in his room? Shall I continue? I know that this is Nigeria so what can you expect, right? Unfortunately for us bottom feeders that excuse gets used way too often and management just gets away with everything. It is not my fault and I'm sorry that poor nigerian people have to put up with such corruption that their polititians and VIPs take away their money in truck loads (I've seen it with my own eyes how private jets are loaded with bags of money from armoured vehicles) while they don't even have running water!!!

As for the other benefits you mention such as loss of licence insurance or health insurance, yes they look good when written on a contract don't they? I would not "put them to the test" however, you might get the "well this is Nigeria" excuse and find that there is nothing there after all.

If things were as wonderful as you describe them people would stay here for a long time. Why is time spent working in Nigeria meassured in "dog years" and someone who has been here 7 or 10 years can talk about it as if he were a Vietnam war veteran?