PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have Malgus Refunded?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2001, 17:14
November Whiskey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Hello all,

Just wanted to add my tuppence worth to this topic...

It's a subject that I have thought about before and would be more than happy to support if it get's off the ground (excuse the pun!).

I myself was a Flying Start applicant. Luckily I cancelled the cheque and that was that. Abit suspect though if you ask me.

Anyway, IMHO and I may be out of line here (I would not want to offend any of my fellow Pruners,) but I really believe that the way forward is to pay an annual subscription to use PPRUNE (say £20-£30). This could go into the pot towards some form of ATPL sponsorship, modular or part sponsorship could be more sensible as the cash would go further.

I think PPRUNE is invaluable in many respects. Certainly it has helped me with lots of useful info, entertainment and a great feeling that I am not alone in the 'struggle' of attaining my dream! Therefore, giving a little in return is not too much to ask.

I am quite fortunate that myself and Mrs Whiskey pull in enough dough to be in with a shout of me being able to self sponsor. I consider myself very lucky. There are some however, who may be more talented or deserving than I, who will never even get the chance due to lack of funds, which is a crying shame!!! (not Crying Game!)

I don't think any of us want to burden the moderators with more work, but wouldn't it be great if we could do something really positive and launch some careers. Possibly abit controversial, but we could consider 'clawing-back' some of the cash from sponsored candidates when they're fully employed, as a thankyou, which would enable the scheme to keep running.

Anyway, I've prattled on for too long now so I'll get my coat and say ta ta!

I don't have all the answers! But I have a ****load of ideas and enthusiasm!

Regards to all!

N.W.