PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2014, 16:21
oldoberon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed of Sound
Do we actually know that information is available from pings prior to the published 'last ping' at 08.11?

Somewhere earlier in this thread, a poster who seemed familiar with Inmarsat protocols suggested that the log of SATCOM responses is overwritten with each new response which means that only the final ping data exists. As earlier, hourly pings will only reveal a series of concentric arcs that show no more than that the aircraft was 'in the area', there seems no reason to withhold them.
if they were over written we would have been told ( because no one wld be guilty of anything)

There are reason to not produce them I gave a hypothesis where by I believe it would be possible to show to show it was on a constant track/hdg but have no idea what it was or where in the area it was.

However I argue a constant track/hdg is more indicative of a southern route than a northern (nothing to detect them down there.

The excellent maps showing the fuel range, satellite 40 ring and Jorn short the southern arc considerably albeit it leaves the most inaccessible section of it as the target.

Right now it appears more effort is being focused south