PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apocryphal Tales
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2014, 15:29
expatfrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was privileged to be awarded with my wings by a retired ACM who has several tales to his name.
The first was when he was a S/Ldr at Ternhill in the late 30's and they had a dining in night. After the meal, as is customary, they indulged in the odd tipple. He decided to see how quickly the fire brigade could react, so set fire to one of the wings to the mess. The reaction was very swift BUT they had just built a new access gate and the fire engine got well and truly stuck. The wing suffered serious damage and was unusable. The said officer was hauled in front of the OC and when asked what he was going to do about it replied "I will have a new wing constructed, Sir" This he promptly did and got away with it. Cost him a bob or two.

Later he was in a bar when an Army Officer tried to push past him. This he took exception to but the officer said to him "Do you know who I am, I am Lt Col Sir J... S...., now move" He replied " And I am Group Captain The Earl of Bandon and that beats you on both counts!"

Last edited by expatfrance; 18th Mar 2014 at 19:19. Reason: correcting mistake