PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2014, 14:49
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the mean time, the rest of us mediocre pilots, continue to put up with living conditions below the poverty threshold and picking up all the broken pieces left by our incompetent managers. Without our high capability to perform regardless of what is thrown at us daily and our expected "flexibility" and "team player" attitude, Bristow Nigeria would just be another african helicopter operator.....
Hmmmm ..... living conditions below the poverty line . Even as a 'mediocre' pilot, I'm sure your salary is well in excess of $120,000 per annum, you get 6 months leave a year, a company pension scheme, personal accident insurance, private health insurance, loss of licence insurance a room with an en-suite bathroom, standby generator when you're in Nigeria in a compound with free internet (okay, maybe not great internet, but we're talking about Nigeria!), at least a swimming pool and quite likely gymnasium, and possibly tennis or squash available. Poverty line, don't make me . Get out and see what life is like for the majority of the Nigerian people - oh, ok, you're in a secure compound and can't . Well, most of them aren't .

Bristow Nigeria IS just be another African helicopter operator..... There was a time they were special, but that's long gone, now just another big corporation where mediocrity (not upsetting the boat) is well rewarded. Just see which Nigerian oil and gas operator has had the largest number of wrong deck landings in the last 3 years and tell me all about how superior Bristow is. Yes, they may have better integrity as a company than some of the 'indigenous' companies, but I don't think they can claim the high ground when it comes to operating standards any more.

Before, you get all upset, I totally agree that they're just like every other company these days and use employee 'flexibility' to cover up poor management's inability to run an effective roster.