PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking the plunge.
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2014, 13:55
triumph44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Great response and thanks to everyone for their honest opinions. The reason for my interest with offshore flying in the North Sea has stemmed from me living on the doorstep of Humberside airport all my life so have regularly seen half a dozen helis flying overhead on a daily basis but it had never crossed my mind that it may become a mundane job!! I also know an offshore pilot flying out of Humberside and they seem to have a fantastic job with brilliant pay, roster, holidays etc.. I know that's not everything though.

I know I may sound ungrateful and selfish to give up on the opportunities I currently have to pursue my dream but I think I would really regret it if I didn't do it. I know my family comes first and always will but my wife has a reasonably paid job and would support me with my decision. I currently work 6 and a half days per week mostly 12 hour days! So surely being a heli pilot wouldn't take any more time away from my family than that, or would it?

If I was to pursue the training we had considered aiming for the integrated course at the Bristow Academy in Florida. Any thoughts on this school?

Thanks.

Last edited by triumph44; 18th Mar 2014 at 14:17.