PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 and military primary radar.
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2014, 10:13
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Easy to organise and hide a full 777?? Not hole up on some deserted strip and issue ransom demands, but HIDE a 777 and CONTROL 250+ passengers/crew away from the searching world's eyes.

How many players do you think this would take...several hundred, several thousand? I doubt such an enterprise could be ventured without some degree of state input, so you appear to be suggesting/implying the collusion of the state where you think the bird is? At Entebbe the hijackers were given state support, and that wasn't even remotely covert.

I'm not saying it's impossible...I'm saying it is massive mind stretch to get there, when there are several mundane, ordinary (tragic) explanations.
You need a strip to take a 777..............on assumption its not going to take off again.

Controlling 250 people is easy, Pilot tells them we have an emergency situation and need to put the plane down at an emergency field, once landed evacuate to a control area / shed, 10 guys with guns now in control with passengers tied up.

People will trust the Pilot because they conditioned to do it as why would a pilot hijack his own plane. Pilot or CoPilot in on it then its all on.

Mobiles easily controlled as into an area with no coverage OR take down coverage for a few hours.

Best case scenario you hold passengers in one place, worst case.........they a hindrance and in the way who know too much.

Hiding a 777 is easy, camouflage netting strung up does that if not have a large shed. If already in places for weeks before hand and just moved to get aircraft in then even less noticeable.

Now aircraft is valuable in one piece but no buyers.

However broken down into parts and fed into blackmarket then it starts to become valuable to those who can use and there will always be people who can use.

Issue will then be moving the parts, airfield would need to be close to sea where not a lot of people in a place to notice so can ship out engines and broken down parts.

The total number of people needing to be involved tops out at 50 with biggest one issue getting the engineers who can strip it down.