PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2014, 01:49
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we'd all be a lot better off if Malaysia would turn this over formally to the NTSB.
Really? On what do you base that idea? As far as I recall the NTSB is involved as is the AAIB which has an excellent reputation. None of us knows exactly what is happening and none of us is entitled to, only those involved directly in the attempt to discover what has happened are. Any information passed to the general public is done as a courtesy not as a right. Information passed to the relatives may differ in quantity but they are involved directly in what has happened and take priority over the rest of us. Some time back somebody (an official I think) said that it would be cruel to raise the hopes of the relatives by informing them of every alleged sighting of the aircraft or possible wreckage and I'm sure we would all agree - especially in view of some of the posts on here. I have my own feelings and ideas about what has happened but that is just what they are - feelings and ideas NOT facts so you won't see them posted here.