PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Pilots (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2003, 02:30
rwm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like guns. I have several. Pistols, rifles, and a shotgun. I enjoy shooting them. Will never think about bringing any of them to work. I was in the military. Been trained to use guns. Still will never bring a gun to work. Pilots and guns don't mix.
If you want security in the cockpit, then don't let pilots carry guns. A much better solution would be to fly with air marshals, who's only job is to protect the aircraft and all its passengers. Someone mentioned earlier a senario about an F/A bringing in coffee, and a passenger rushed the cockpit. There would be no reaction time, and no pilot with a gun could save the day.
I travel through the USA regularely, and am disgusted by how I'm treated. I must take my bags and re check them. If I wanted to put something into, or take something out of my bag, I could. Once my bags are checked, I should not have to touch them until my final destination.
This world is being driven by knee jerk reactions, led by the most knee jerk nation in the world. Led by the most simple minded idiot who has ever taken office. Give me Bill Clinton any day. At least if he wanted to invade a nation, it would only be to look for his next sex partner.