PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways B777 recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2014, 17:25
NG_Kaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing B777 Line Captain

This is unique opportunity for retired or close to retirement B777 captains to extend their career to age 65

New base options are now available. Apart from Mumbai, bases in Abu Dhabi (AUH), New York (EWR and JFK) and Chicago (ORD) and are offered. Five days on / five days off rosters are offered in the US. Up to 28 captains per base are planned.

Candidates up to age 63 are acceptable. Candidates who have not flown the B777 within the last 42 months are acceptable on a case by case basis.

Customer will pay for recurrent training of selected candidates who are not current. Recurrent training is done after candidates have successfully completed their screening and have a signed their employment contract.

Our customer, requires fifty (50) B777 Line Captains and six (6) TRIs for 2014 employment.
What has been the response so far? I'm a T7 captain who threw my hat in the ring for this gig but have not committed. There are too many things that don't add up plus the track record of Jet and how they have treated their contract pilots in the past. The main attraction to me was that they were "offering" bases in the US, but they have the option to change that at any time.
The travel benefits also leave a lot to be desired, if I were to be confirmed business, upgradeable to first that might work but economy on a twelve to fourteen hour flight just doesn't suit me.
Right now I'm working for an airline in AUH that is going to be using Jet to some flying for us, pay and terms are good, duty travel is confirmed business class and personal travel is ID 50 or 90 business or first, my choice, I reckon it's probably best just to stay where I am.