PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2014, 15:31
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree CWL route should be a new option to RE when they expand again, definitely as we have no Swansea ferry again that should create extra demand again - Also agree LBA and SOU have potential demand for RE.

Regards the AMS layover, I've actually never heard a complaint about it, follow a guy on the ''tweet machine'' as vinb says who regularly travels ex-Cork for business travel nearly every second day - I asked him a few years back what did he think of the layover he answered me like this;

Arrive around 08:55
Out of the Terminal 09:20
Bus to Zuidas about 20mins
In work till 4pm
Go for something to eat with colleagues around 1hr 30mins
Buy a few bits in Amsterdam about 1hr
Bus from Central Amsterdam to Schiphol about 30mins
Arrive back into Schiphol 7pm
Layover of 1hrs 40mins or 1hr 10mins until boarding

So when you look at it like that you can see why its fine for most people, being rushed isn't very much appreciated by most business travellers either.

Dilemma for Aer Lingus at the moment is if they increase services to CDG they may affect loads on AMS/BRU particularly the latter which they are maintaining due to good yields at two weekly. Also the return of SNN-BVA may slightly drive down ORK-CDG yields again, they are so good though it has marginal affect to nil for Aer Lingus.

Regards Cork W services using Dublin aircraft it is possible, but the likes of Munich, Nice, Paris, Barcelona, Brussels and the evening Amsterdam service I'm afraid we won't be seeing them as W's any time soon bar maybe Nice. Simple reason, the schedule to the rest of them is very much early dep/early arr, late dep/late arr, midday dep/midday arr visa-versa. Nice possibly, maybe next season when they look at the performance of S14 - Would be great to have FCO back, even SXF/PRG or WAW. MAD definitely a contender if it used the late Monday/Friday current Nice slots. Regards KRK/WAW there could be very positive news about both those routes from October/November if everything works out ok.