PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 17th Mar 2014, 15:19
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
So....if I were to perceive the need to move on for any number of good valid reasons, do so in a manner that protects my reputation, work references, avoids my having to go to court perhaps to recover unpaid salary....and some other fellow fills my vacancy, makes a bad decision and destroys an aircraft/occupants.....it then becomes my fault somehow?

You must live in a much simpler World than the rest of us.

The UK is a very small place....with a helicopter industry that is very small in size and numbers....reputations precede most to their new employment and all it takes is one unhappy former employer and finding work could get awfully hard.

There are many factors that have generated the situation extant re being able to stand up for what is right but having to pay a price for it in far too many situations.

The Safety Manual is fine....and sounds good in Court.....but it is the ex-officio networking that poses the real threat to sound decision making that ruffles the feathers of those who make the Hiring decisions.