PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeppview
Thread: Jeppview
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2014, 12:28
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Claret:

JeppView is an electronic/digital version of the Jeppesen Airways Manual suite. Delivered initially by CD, it contains the program/browser to open terminal charts, approach charts, enroute charts, etc. Regular updates can either be downloaded view the www, or installed from regular CDs received in the mail. At least here in Australia, a JeppView subscription comes with 4 installation keys.
I can't speak for Australia but in the U.S. Jeppesen charges more for Jeppview updates by mailed CD as opposed to updates (every 14 days) via the Internet.

I am allotted two of the four keys in my work. Presently one key is on my desktop PC and one on my notebook PC. But, I can (and on occasion do) move one of my keys from my notebook to my iPad (in the FD app).

Also many major airlines have access to a closed portal on the Jeppesen website that provides access to electronic en route and terminal charts for the entire world. It's a download one chart at a time format, so it is of limited use. (mostly used by dispatch departments.)