PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Pilots (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2003, 00:02
PPRuNeUser0171

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minimum wage security guards regularly carry firearms ,why not highly trained pilots.
Because CERTAIN security guards are HIGHLY TRAINED to carry firearms where as an ordinary highly trained pilot is not.

Pilots with guns scares the hell out of me, I know enough about guns to have see the damage they can cause.

The last thing I would want to see is an armed shot out between some terrorist who is prepared to die and a pilot who thinks he is John Wayne.

Besides, Arming a pilot is one thing, How the hell is he supposed to go up against a gang of armed terrorists?

What happens if the terrorist takes a hostage?

What happens if one of the 'innocent passengers' turns out to be a terrorist and tackles the pilot who is playing john bloody wayne?

As highly trained as a pilot may be, There is a lot more to taking down a terrorist than pulling the trigger.

PLEASE, Leave the counter terrorism and any shoting to the people who are HIGHLY TRAINED to do this, they would never think about telling you how to do your job so please don't assume you can down a terrorist like they do on the movies.

Gary.