PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Night To Remember...
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2003, 21:31
cordy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy It was bad

I work in Abu Dhabi for ADA Aviation flying the Dash8 to the Oil Islands. It started around 9pm with wind and lightning and became worst about 11pm when I was sleeping. I had an early dep the next day so I went to sleep at 10:30. During the night I saw some lighting but did not take it on but when I woke up at 5am the wind and rain was coming down and I mean DOWN. At 6 am my friend pick me up to go to the Airport and it was becoming clear, on our way we saw trees up-rooted and most of the roads had a lot of water. I was laughing to see what 1 night of rain does, as I am from the Caribbean and know what true rain is. When we reached the Airport the wind started to pick up a bit and then it started to get darker. We got a weather report that off shore was bad so we were delayed for sometime. All of a sudden off sore became better andn we were allowed to go, as we went to the aeroplane the rain came down like cats and dogs. I felt sorry for the PAX as they got wet but that is life. We started and departed, lined up on RW31 we got clearance and rolled down the RW. Getting airborn was smooth and I turned the weather radar IT WAS ONLY READ but thank GOD it was not bumpy, we climber to 16,000ft leveled and 3/4 of the way we broked out of the soup.
On our way home it got better and then cleared up