PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2014, 08:34
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are two of the eyewitness reports of the low-flying aircraft, as I understand -

A fisherman Azid Ibrahim who was in his boat at sea, says that at about 1.30am he saw the lights of a low-flying aircraft in the area of (Jalan) Kuala Besar.
He told The Star newspaper in Malaysia that the plane was flying so low, that the lights were “as big as coconuts”.

Another man, is reported to have seen “bright white lights” from his home about 30km south of Kota Bharu, describing what he thought was a fast-descending aircraft, at about 1.45am on Saturday morning.
But Sultan Ismail Petra airport is in Kelantin, any chance of a passenger jet on approach?
@xgjunkie - Yes, it's extremely likely, seeing as they appear to be reporting an aircraft with landing lights on.
However, I'm sure some quick checking on actual aircraft movements into SIP very early on the 8th would soon eliminate any doubts, or confirm what they saw.

I'm fully of the opinion now, that the fireball sighted by the oil rig worker, and the "extremely loud noise" heard by the 8 men near Marang beach, was by pure coincidence, a meteorite explosion.
I have never actually heard a meteorite explode, but it's certainly not a rare event.