PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SKYWEST Airlines said yesterday...
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2003, 20:18
detached observer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geoffrey Thomas's article in today's West is enough to convince me (and I generally keep an open mind, innocent until proven guilty and all that) that he is most certainly doing a hatchett job on Skywest.
I happen to know that Skywest are travelling better than have done in a long time, the guys and girls have agreed to take pay cuts and improve productivity to save the company. This is a very dedicated and professional bunch who are committed to making their airline work (yes they are all share holders).
The West Australian would be perhaps more appropriately renamed the "The Meek Australian". Why doesn't this paper mention the other lawsuits Mr Meek has instigated? Is Mr Meek a "serial suer"? I recall reading somewhere about him suing his last employer also, and also recall that he sued (or attempted to sue) government over coastwatch contract some 10 or so years ago. I would not be surprised if there is more history. Why was there no mention of Skywest's recent milestone - 40 years in business (congratulations SKywest - that is something to proud of in any industry, but particulary aviation).
Geoffrey, give Skywest a break. Even if you dislike the board, give the staff a break. This kind of media can bring down an airline. It is hard enough to survive in this industry without this. Suggest you go and talk to the staff, and put personal feelings /friendships aside.