PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2014, 02:52
Whittle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloaking

If so, is it feasible MH370 was 'rebirthed' while out of civil radar range and entered new airspace as a different aircraft?
Mahatma Kote: I hope others will answer that (because I can't) but in conjunction with or separately from that there surely has to be a possibility that this aircraft is sitting in a hangar or other enclosure somewhere and is being repainted. If it is to be used for something clandestine then it will not emerge as a Malaysian Airlines plane but in the colours of another airline. A bit like the process that a stolen car goes through, except in this case, at least externally, it would somewhat easier (other than the scale of the paint job), because airlines like to advertise themselves in distinctive livery. Under those conditions, surely, more checks would have to be made in any interception. I hope that susceptible countries are alert to this possibility. Yes, it is only a possibility, but someone needs to be thinking outside the box and I haven't seen that possibility mentioned (forgive me if it has been).