PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 16th Mar 2014, 21:41
FOCLH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a very good friend of Lee; one of the deceased pilots. I have read the threads with interest and sadness, some of the post are not helpful. It is inappropriate and wrong to make sweeping comments about their professional abilities, qualifications and experience.

A pilot of an AS350 approached Lee & Carl at Royal Ascot last year, the pilot asked if they were with the AW139 G-LBAL, when they confirmed this, he replied that it was amazing "Northern accents flying that". The life of a VIP pilot is difficult at the best of times, but I can assure you that it is nothing compared to what their families are going through.

I knew Lee very well and one thing I do know is that Lee was not the kind of man to say 'yes' to anyone, regardless of how much money or power they had. He was a man with the highest levels of integrity, a good man, a quiet man, a thinker, a man who strived for perfection in everything that he did. He was extremely proud at what he had achieved in his life and I know that the dreams and aspirations that Lee and his family had have been tragically taken away.

I respect the fact that everyone has a point of view, but please remember that these pilots were real people, good people; with families and friends, some of whom read your posts.