PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 19:40
SLFplatine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote (luoto):
Last night Indian newspapers suggested not all radar units were "awake" (I posted a link). The longer this sad, sorry affair goes on the harder it feels to accept any official statement on face value. I am not usually paranoid, but there is a feeling of "positioning" about this, at a level much higher than pax and crew.
Agree: Australia, which has highly sophisticated radar, interestingly said the same thing and for the same reason -costs; its expensive (really? -why build it in the first place?). I find it hard to believe that military radar does not operate 24/7 -airborne threats only show up during business hours? I agree with Glueball that aircraft sans ident at non-threat altitudes would be routinely ignored (someone else's problem, not mine) on a normal night, however think that would change once a long haul passenger craft goes missing with its transponder off. Also I find it a bit incredible that with all the spook sats up in the sky watching this area that the only info for determining possible flight paths came from a commercial sat. The Malacca Strait is a critical shipping route for China, hard to believe they would not have sats looking at it 24/7. And the U.S. of course looks at everything -this neighborhood is about midway between Guam and Diego Garcia; once the U.S. became aware a T7 with about 7 hours of fuel had gone AWOL here alert levels would have been raised a bit (unless like India and Australia supposedly did, took the weekend off -hardly). Point is I believe it is known where this plane went and what happened to it but it is no one's interest for this to become public. We are being fed a story to lay the groundwork for the convenient explanation. Either this plane will never be found (southern arc) or wreckage which could possibly be MH370 will be spotted somewhere around 8,000 meters in a totally inaccessible area of the Himalayas (northern arc). Depends on which story they can make sound more credible; suicide mission or hi-jack. Personally I do not buy at all the 'rogue pilot on a meticulously planned suicide mission' theory. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.