PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 19:27
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letest news repots informs us investigations are being conducted with emphasis on the greater probability of unlawful interference with the flight. The focus on the pilots indicates the reasonable assumption, they alone posessed the technical competency for a reasonable succes to attempt and avoid detection. Many of us on this forum, with knowledge of the area and sufficient flying experience, particularly those with a military background, may be well able to postulate how they would undertake such a flight/mission and avoid detection. This may be best left untold on this forum, for obvious reasons. I do however feel confident that this could not escaped the Malaysian authorities attention. In extending such line of thought, I am somehat puzzled that the search area has been extended North West to cover overland routes. On my part I consider that the obvious route to avoid detection with a reasonable chance of success would be the Indian Ocean. I would consider that the likelihood of the pilots being involved in taking the flight on a suicidal course is relatively small compared with a third party forcing the diversion of the flight on to such a course. The fact that the aircraft failed to make land fall must suggest that had it been a hijack attempt, it simply failed.
I await with interest to hear of the revalations regarding the enquiries being made into all the passangers backgrounds. If these also result in the elimination of likely candidates, then the only explanation must be a series of systems malfunctions and crew incapacitation through smoke and hypoxia.
Has there been any reports of the cargo manifest.