PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apocryphal Tales
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 16:31
BEagle

Received 318 Likes on 115 Posts
A shame that the OM has long since disappeared at Syerston. But the new A46 dual carriageway is very welcome indeed. Apart, that is, from the ridiculous junctions at the Newark end.

Those rampant WRAFs knew very well that it was strengstens verboten for baby pilots to 'become involved', so would tease us mercilessly. During the ULAS Summer Camp at Abingdon in 1973, as I'd already passed my PFB I didn't get much flying, so was stuck on the Ops Desk phone for most of the time, getting hourly weather actuals etc. from the Air Traffic assistants. One chirpy little WRAF became a 'phone friend' as she was often on duty; she asked if she could come over after work to see what we all did. So I readily agreed and one afternoon this very pretty little lass turned up in a short summer dress with rather a low neckline. And not much else.......as became abundantly clear when she bent forward to peer into the cockpit of a Chipmunk, 'innocently' looking up at me with big round eyes asking if I knew what everything was for.....

Someone must have told the grown-ups that this naughty little wench had paid us a visit, because next day we were given The Word about 'fraternising with airwomen' ....and the career-limiting consequences.....