PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things you find when you empty your father-in-law's house #1
Old 16th Mar 2014, 14:38
titaniumfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things you find when you empty your father-in-law's house #1

Afternoon PPRuNers.

My father-in-law is an ex Lancaster bomb aimer and collected most of the important bits from a Lancaster's weapon system - specifically:

1. Gyro-stabilised bomb sights (including a Mk XIV)
2. Ballistic computor (Mk XIVA)
3. Stores management parts
4. Compass

A full set of photos can be found under this link

https://www.dropbox.com/l/8YQx7hSH9dPVdKhHb5CWd8?

I am asking the community to share any thoughts about a suitable home for these items. My father-in-law's view is that he'd like the items to go to the local ATC squadron (who look after the 625 Sqn memorial at Kelstern airfield) - I like that idea but I'm concerned that with gov cutbacks etc that one day the ATC sqn might be disbanded, and these items might end up being 'lost'.

...So I am looking for your suggestions for a suitable home. Here are some questions/ideas/thoughts that I have had:

1. Does the BBFM Lancaster have these items installed? If not, would that be a suitable home?
2. Out at East Kirby there is the Lincolnshire Aviation Centre - restoring a lancaster to flight. Anther possible home....
3. RAF museum - I believe they already have some of these items but I am not sure

So, if any of you have ideas / thoughts about where these items should go, my wife and I would love to hear from you; a long-term home would be preferred.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by titaniumfire; 17th Mar 2014 at 09:30. Reason: Updated links