PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 14:17
barrel_owl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disgusted

Too many questions still answered. Too much information of dubious authenticity and from questionable sources being used for fancy claims and any kind of speculation. No surprise when this comes from the MSM, but really hard to accept when you read the same in a self-proclaimed professional pilot forum.

Example 1. The alleged radio contact with MAS370 made by the anonymous captain of a Japan-bound airliner makes me smell rats. Why should a real pilot with a verifiable record refuse to give his own name and his flight number in such a situation? What's the problem with it? Wouldn't this help the investigation? His alleged statement is also highly suspicious. He heard nothing, all he says is that "there were a lot of interference… static… but I heard mumbling". In short, he is unable to refer the content of the transmission, he is unable to say whether he spoke with the captain or the F/O, the alleged time of the radio transmission is after the time the datalink had been turned off and the transponder had been turned off. Sorry, but to me this smells like a typical piece of disinformation. Someone planted this interview just to "prove" that the captain and the F/O were still at the controls of the aircraft at that time. I will believe this captain as soon as he will come out with a real name and the exact position of his aircraft, which should not be so difficult to verify with a map and radar data.

Example 2. Someone posted here a video where an alleged "friend" of the captain suggests "you can elaborate scenarios with a flight simulator". Question: did someone bother to verify the authenticity of this report? Who is this guy? How do I know he was actually a friend of the captain? He claims he tried to contact the captain's family, but.. oops.. was unable to talk with any member of it. How convenient.
Not to talk about the thousands of allegations the captain was "obsessed for politics" or had more or less terrorist tendencies just because he owned a simulator at home. Ludicrous, not to say outrageous.

As anybody else, I ignore the truth. Yet it appears to me that two professional pilots with an excellent flight record and an unquestionable reputation are being massacred by the media without any shred of evidence and I can't help concluding that this is part of a deliberate disinformation campaign.
Note to the mods. Feel free to delete this post, I only want to make clear that based on the current verifiable information I do not buy the hijack scenario perpetrated by the cockpit. The theory makes no sense. And I add that I would expect pprune would defend their reputations as far as any real evidence to the contrary exists.