PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 12:57
Ian W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D.S.
Communicator said

Initial remarks are "last contact 2:40" while last primary radar contact just happens to be... 2:40

Yeah, obviously someone connected the flight path instantly but someone else apparently didn't like them saying it and the "official" position was blurred/changed/danced around for a while before being changed back a full week later after it was "corroborated" by the satellite =====SNIP=====

=====SNIP=====
Does the Left hand not know what the Right is doing? Do they just desperately want to ignore anything they don't want to know? (many people here show that quality, so that is kind of understandable I guess...) Do they think they can will the plane into a body of water they want it to be in? Maybe get the Shaman to use his magic and make it be true?

...no matter, all those countries wasting all that time in a Gulf of Thailand that officials pretty much knew the entire time that the plane didn't crash into - and many here selectively believing very few things the Malaysian Officials tell us while ignoring absolutely everything else they and other Governments say

Reality is, the plane turned around and they knew it instantly

I see this as quite normal.

The initial briefing is given based on loss of transponder response followed by primary response for a further hour plus... But all the pundits want it to be an immediate emergency (there are a huge number on here too that still want the aircraft to have ditched just after the last RT call).

So very senior general says to minion - "Where did this information come from - I am being told by experts that it must be wrong - are you ABSOLUTELY certain this was the aircraft?" Minion says that's what he was told by the radar unit - but it will be checked. Minion repeats to junior at radar unit "are you ABSOLUTELY certain this was the aircraft? The general will be extremely upset with you if you are wrong!" Radar unit now has to go to tape archive and check and recheck and make absolutely certain all the way down the technician chain. In the mean time General starts back tracking and using civil reports of loss of transponder only waiting until he gets a totally certain reply from minion. Then the SATCOM pings are reported and grudgingly the primary radar response is now more trusted. But the story of 'total loss of contact at 1:30' has to be carefully backed out of so not to look foolish.

I suspect this is what happened. It is one of the reasons that NTSB is irritatingly cautious on release of details in similar incidents.