PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 12:15
oviano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meekmok

How would that explain the investigators apparently focusing on the arcs to the north and South though?

Perhaps they must have more information, maybe the interim ping 'locations'? Or something else?

Whatever, it seems to me that the Malaysian government, whether prompted/using info by/from the US is quite confident in their belief this was a deliberate act, that certainly seems to be what is being widely reported. Did they not even use the words 'deliberately disabled' in the case of ACARS - or is that simply impossible to determine?

I find it interesting that many in this forum still prefer to put forward other more 'natural'/accidental explanations, despite this 'official' word. Perhaps the official sources are pulling wool over people's' eyes for whatever reasons?

Disclaimer - my only connection to the aviation industry is....as a passenger! I've found this discussion fascinating, I feel I've learned a lot. As with no doubt many lurkers/observers (7m views!) my interest stems from the deep rooted worry many of us have about flying and the need to know what happened to this plane. I'm grateful to all those pros who have posted here.

I hope I don't offend anyone by posting here (I've seen mixed opinions as to whether the likes of me are welcome?), but I noticed the other thread seems to have now disappeared.