PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - light aircraft maintenance
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 07:44
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's strange that if you read the comments above when I am certifying an EASA aircraft with a license that took a lot of time and effort to get I am one of the ripoff scum using the EASA system to take advantage of the poor innocent aircraft owner.

Then I go and do the same job on an LAA aircraft I a wonderful person supporting light aircraft owners.

It would seem that first a lot of the comments above seem to think that I can live for free and do not deserve to make a living and also fail to understand that a large proportion of the maintenance costs are directly or indirectly a result of regulatory issues imposed by the authority's.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of the LAA flying is living on the back of EASA certified aviation by using an engineering and supply chain that simply would not otherwise be in place.

As for Quality control of LAA aircraft I think that some of you should have another think about this, I have been presented with more than a few appalling death traps that I am expected to certify ( for little more than expenses ) and then a bunch of abuse when I won't renew the permit on the said death trap .

It is only the experience training that most LAA inspectors have gained within the industry that keeps these death traps on the ground and protects the owners and general public from those who think that aircraft can be held together with sealing wax and string and even try to beg borrow and steal this because they won't part with a penny even on critical safety issues unless forced to do so.

The LAA system has my utter respect as do the inspectors who are in the front line when it comes to quality and flight safety issues.