PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 07:41
Communicator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OTHR - Australian and Diego Garcia JORN Range Revisited

Post #4280 refers to Communicator's post #4062, but quotes someone else's contribution. (See details below.)

In substance, everyone seems to be on the same page - JORN's public statements no doubt understate the system's actual capabilities. The Soviet term dezinformaciya seems a tad harsh to characterize strategic modesty by a trusted and trustworthy ally.

U.S. facilities on Diego Garcia, to say nothing of airborne and space based assets are probably much more powerful.

The gist of Communicator's earlier #4062 is that JORN in Australia publicly admits to 1,000 - 3,000 km for their OTHR system, implying that actual range may be rather wider.

===============

I'd raise an eyebrow at the 'dezinformaciya' repeated in Communicators' post #4062, thus:

"I can well understand the Australians being very cagy about releasing any data analysis which might give clues and cues regarding the extent and limits of their OTHR system, but I am wholly confident it now exceeds by some margin what is widely reported in the public domain.