PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 04:28
simon001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding value to this thread

By virtue of the fact that almost 7 million people have viewed this thread, it is fair to say that this forum is recognized by a lot of people as a place where professional pilots give their input.

I expect amongst these people, are families of the victims in KL.

Can you imagine for a moment their angst reading the mass of wild theories?

Everybody wants more information. But what is known is already out there.

It is true that the absence of more facts is perplexing. But it seems to be feeding wild speculation.

Many contributors to this thread are convinced they know more than all the governments of the world who are working on this problem, which of course is just silly.

I come back to the thread once a day in the hope of finding some investigative gem from an industry expert, but in over 4,000 postings, knowledgeable posts are few and far between.

I think every possibility has been suggested. Then the follow on is criticism from someone with another theory. Not helpful.

Most of this comes from the fact that we don't have a lot to go on as to what happened, where the plane went, much less a motive or a strategy.

But in the absence of all these things just comes noise.

I imagine I am not alone as a reader who would appreciate far fewer postings in exchange for more informative input.

If you know something, post it. Otherwise in the absence of facts on the flight, speculation doesn't add any value.