PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building USA - (Master thread)
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2014, 00:05
weedman1990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I'm going to say is go for it mate, you'll love it there just like I did!

As for the prices, i paid around $8900 for the flying including all the ground school and flying with the instructors. I stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Hotel which i got for a cheap price through Chandler Air Service, but they do provide you with accommodation is well which is around $800 a month so it aint bad.

In total i think it cost me around £9000 - £10000 which is pretty decent for me considering i stayed at Hilton and food and all my hours and that was including fuel at places I visited, but Chandler Air Service reimburse the account so make sure you take your receipts with you after you refuel.

It will be a lot cheaper for you if you stay at the accommodation that Chandler Air Service provide you with though.

I was there for around 28 days. The very next day after i arrived there i went straight to the FSDO office to get my Temp license in order not to waste time and the next 3 days after that i did the ground school and the instructor flying for the checkout and mountain training. The first few days will fly by but when your there doing your hours, it will feel like a long time which is what i found. I averaged at-least 4 - 5 hours a day and some days i used to do 6.30 hours from flying long distance's.

Hope this helps