PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2014, 18:19
Cameronian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there were anywhere in the world where OTHR would be justifiable it might be on Diego Garcia. The radar, though, was primarily raised by Unixman. My first interest was in the context of the Iranian "kidnapped" story. The dots seemed to join up once more when the flavour of the discussions here and in the press was of the possible hijacking by the Iranians on board with the stolen passports because the suggested itinerary of at least one of them was to AMS - I doubt the passports would have made the grade there so perhaps his true intentions were different, I wondered. Perhaps Diego Garcia was a target as it has surely played its part in the tensions surrounding Iran and its neighbours over recent years. Building castles in the sky isn't my normal activity though, so interest was not regenerated until reading about the reports of the USS Kidd whose orders seemed to come from a different hymn sheet.

Then where once the FO was suspected now it's the Captain's turn. I wonder who controls the smoke and mirrors. Perhaps we'll never know for sure.