PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2014, 15:01
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Methinks there's going to be openings for jumpseaters who can both land the plane if necessary and take care of those with ideas to divert the aircraft.
Which will accomplish what exactly? If we can't trust two people how can we trust 3?

What this boils down to is that if the flight crew are involved in this, which I refuse to believe until I see unrefutable proof, then the world of the international airline pilot will yet once again change beyond recognition. With todays CYA policy, the scream for action which is certain to follow, with now several publicized cases to stand in such a process, we may see a further erosion of the respect and trust those in power will have for air crew.

It would show to one extent however that the flight deck door rules and the daily beep beep touch touch checks have amounted to just about nothing, but have in opposite possibly caused at least one aircraft to be beyond rescue when that aircrafts captain decided to end it all a few months back. All the horrified FO could do is bang his hands at the door.

Frankly, todays press conference has shook me to the core of my own inner beliefs in whom to trust and whom not. I still am in denial that any crew could do something like that, so in a way I hope there will be ANY other explanation than that one. We can fix planes, we can increase security but to repair trust is something which is as unlikely as the whole mess we find ourselfs in right now.