PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 G-LBAL helicopter crash in Gillingham, Norfolk
Old 15th Mar 2014, 09:23
Art of flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone expecting to gain valuable knowledge of private helicopter operations from the Jeremy Vine show will get what they deserve. If you've done this sort of work, you'll know the pressures these 2 guys were under, you'll know that the CAA can legislate till the cows come home, but we would still try to interpret those rules to get the job done. You'd need an ops inspector to wave you off at every site to enforce any rules. It all comes down to being able to make that one decision, can you say no when the red faced boss is giving you the hairdryer treatment on the night? I suggest if you know that your relationship with your employer is otherwise, you're in the wrong industry. I have driven home in the past, expecting a job debrief from the boss next day after saying no, due to weather, and it never happened. I've flown military, police and corporate and in my opinion corporate/private is living on your wits with little or no back-up, it really takes a strong character to last in that industry.