PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2014, 05:01
jugofpropwash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it odd that the First Officer is outed on Australian TV as having broken security protocol by inviting a couple of highschool girls on the flight deck and trying to hook-up with them while they were on holiday in Thailand. I can venture that was not an isolated event as well. The forum's attitude here was that its unfortunate the media portrayed him like that and he shouldn't be remembered that way. Also noting the captain on that flight will likely face disciplinary action (rightly so). Even if, and I'll admit it, they don't look like the terrorist types, it demonstrates a willy-nilly attitude towards his duties and responsibilities on the flight-deck as well as security.
I'm curious why the FO is being blamed for that incident? Isn't the Captain in charge of the aircraft? At worst, I would think that the FO would be guilty of going along with it - or perhaps for not reporting it afterwards.

Being a long time reader of Pprune has taught me about the Asian mindset of not questioning one's superiors - would that not come into play here?