PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why has flight training gone assbackwards?
Old 15th Mar 2014, 00:58
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck Ellsworth
Reading your critique of how I learned to fly I have a question that you may be able to answer.

When I learned to fly the Cessna 172 had not yet been designed or built, all we had for training airplanes were tail wheel airplanes.......see the problem I had?

However it would appear that my training was not all tht substandard throughout my career because I have flown over thirty thousand hours.. .all accident free.
Chuck, not saying you are a bad pilot. The fact that you have done one of the most dangerous forms of commercial flying and survived suggests to me the exact opposite.

What I was trying to say, is that now we have the tools and techniques to make flight training so much safer, and we would be nuts to move away from this. Sure, I agree that there is probably some idiots out there training people, but we get that in every profession. However the rules and regs make it harder for them to survive these days. No doubt, there was some people teaching flying in your day that should not have been there?