PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2014, 21:15
SQGRANGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving ahead

"Whatever happens I can see a mandated introduction of GPS location reporting for all long haul aircraft relaying constant position reports via a secure sat comms link with no access or control function from from flight deck"

^^^^^^^This, or something along those lines.

Other factors highlighted from MH370 include poor check-in procedures that need to be redressed (not only at KUL but many airports).

There have been concerns expressed by many pilots, that theoretically it is possible to exclude a fellow pilot from the flight deck, how this can be combatted is another issue.

Personally I have pushed for greater psychological evaluations in the past, rather than the odd questions, "so any problems at home" (and I am not inferring anything regarding this flight crew).

And the basics of noshos and procedures highlight the fact unless all procedures are followed to the book, then we increase the risk of an incident.

Sadly we are put under pressure to meet your timeslot to avoid delay (for numerous reasons).

Above all it requires better internal auditing of crews and their procedures, and this includes every facet of the operation.

I am not saying any reasons above caused this incident or could have prevented it, but it does show we have cracks in our systems (and this is systemic throughout the industry).

The reasons for this disappearance will not be known until we find the T7 and when the reason is known, we can implement new or improved checks in. That said, sometimes our worst enemy is complacency or "she'll be right mate".